Mongenevre, 1850m, is at the top of a pass between France and Italy.
Ways to get there include
- cheap flights to Turin, Milan and Lyon
- by train to Briancon
- by car about 10 hours from the channel
Local attractions include
- Sun and snow - the ingredients for a perfect holiday are usually plentiful
- Many lifts from village level, beautiful bowls to ski in and the chance to ski over to Italy on the Voie Lactee. Home of the Olympic Games in 2006.
- Other resorts included in the ski lift.
- Extensive modern lift system with electronic lift passes
- Snow cannons and daily piste maintenance
- English speaking ski-school and garderie
- Other winter attractions include: Nordic skiing, skidoos, heliskiing, toboganning, ice skating and night skiing.
- Local restaurants
- Best of all are the flower filled mountainsides with the larches shading the stream tumbling down the boulders
- Golf, heated swimming pool, tennis, assault course, walking, climbing, mountain biking, riding, fishing, canoeing, pedalos, summer tobogganing.
- Visit Briancon, ancient fortified town, National parks.